Students can apply for a space in comfortable student dormitories. In about 65% of the dorms, students live in rooms of 3 to 4 people with access to a communal kitchen and a bathroom. Sometimes there are also blocks of rooms, with two rooms sharing a kitchen and a bathroom.
Dorm rooms typically have a bed, a chair, a writing table, a built-in wardrobe and bookshelves. Students pay a monthly fee of 40 USD or more.
They can also rent a private flat in the city. Rent depends of its location and quality of accommodation and varies from 150 to 500 USD per month.
Registering in a dormitory
When foreign students send their university application, they can submit a request for a place in the dormitories.
As a rule, to move into the dormitory, you need to provide the following documents:
- An application to move in approved by the dean of your faculty
- Your passport
- 3 photos
- A medical certificate of eligibility to reside in a dormitory
- Dormitory fee payment receipts
You will be provided with:
- A temporary pass (you will receive a permanent one after you have registered in your Local Citizenship and Migration Office of the Republic of Belarus)
- Bed linen (you have to sign for it)
- Keys from your room/unit
- A copy of the Contract of Residence in the Dormitory